As expected, Valve lawful dropped some particulars about Half-Existence: Alyx, the flagship VR game it teased earlier this week.
Right here’s what we all know to this level:
- It’s scheduled for liberate in March of 2020.
- Avid gamers will desire on the aim of Alyx, wearing a pair of “gravity gloves” that allow you to clutch things otherwise out of attain.
- It’ll happen one day between Half-Existence and Half-Existence 2. Alas, for anyone hoping for one thing that takes location after the occasions receive 22 situation in plod in Half-Existence 2: Episode 2 12 years ago, it sounds esteem this ain’t it. With that acknowledged, they urged The Verge in an interview that gamers have to still play thru Episode 2 first… so Valve could hold surprises in retailer there.
- It’s constructed on the Source 2 engine, and could simply work on “all SteamVR well suited VR programs” — so HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest when bent to a PC, Residence windows Blended Actuality headset, or Valve’s have Index VR headset.
- It’s constructed to be conducted whether or no longer you wish to switch around your room, stand in a single location or sit down in a chair.
- It’ll worth $60, but be free for anyone who owns Valve’s Index VR headset. Index home owners will additionally fetch alternate in-game gun skins, and “Alyx-themed relate material” in Counter-Strike: World Offensive.
Valve additionally posted a trailer, exhibiting all the pieces from headcrabs to the Fortress from Alyx’s first-person VR viewpoint… plus a determined shrimp cameo whenever you stick around to the end. Verify it out here: